Hot Tub Tips For Anyone
Is it time to replace your hot tub? It’s exciting to think about getting a newer, better hot tub to enjoy your time with your family. However, you probably have some questions, too. Where can you find the best hot tubs for the best price? What should you look for while shopping? What in the world are you going to do with your old one?
Shopping for a Hot Tub
Whether you’re a first time hot tub buyer or a seasoned hot-tubber, this is a great guide to look over before buying a hot tub or hiring a team for a hot tub removal. There’s a lot that could go into what kind of hot tub is best for your needs. Some factors that may be useful to consider include:
- Size and shape that fit your space: The first thing you’ll likely consider is size. How many people do you want the tub to accommodate? How much space do you have available to place your hot tub? Answering these questions is a great start to purchasing your new hot tub. Your size range helps you rule out some hot tubs while shopping because you cross out any that are too big for your space or too small for your desired amount of seats.
- Extra features that fit your desires: What do you want your hot tub to do? There are a lot of options when it comes to jets, seat types, depth, lighting, speakers, controls, and all sorts of other features. Figuring out what you want is really important. Do you want a certain amount of massage jets? Lounging seats with an abundance of footroom? Maybe even a waterfall feature that adds an extra “umph” to your patio appearance. Determining what features are must-haves allows you to prioritize your search.
- Ease of Maintenance: Different hot tubs require different levels of maintenance. You’ll want to find out how to properly care for the hot tub you’re buying before you make the purchase. Some hot tubs require more or less work to keep clean and running smoothly. For instance, simulated wood exteriors require less upkeep than real wood and will look newer for longer. Similarly, some filtration systems are easier to maintain than others. Don’t hesitate to research different types of hot tub filtration, sanitation, or ask a representative of the store you’re shopping at to explain maintenance to you.
- Budget:Hot tubs vary greatly in cost. Many fall in the $3000-$8000 range, but some simpler or more luxurious models will be more or less. Before shopping, have a clear idea of what you’re willing to spend on your hot tub. This way, you aren’t tempted to look at any outside of your budget. If you are purchasing with someone else, be sure to have a deliberate conversation with them to discuss your budget.
Installation of a Hot Tub
Now that you’ve picked out your hot tub, we know how excited you are to try it out! The company you purchased your hot tub from should handle the installation for you, but you may need to make sure the location where your hot tub is going is ready for them!
- Cleaning the area before installation: Before your hot tub is delivered, you’ll want to have the area somewhat cleaned up. Make sure you remove any objects that are currently where your hot tub will go. Additionally, you’ll want to sweep or rake the surrounding ground space. This will make the delivery and installation, whether professional or DIY, much easier if you get all the clutter out of the way before it even arrives to your home.
- Junk Removal for disassembly of an Old Hot Tub: Is this tub going to replace one that’s still on your property? Not sure what to do with this old, heavy item? Junk Pros NY can disassemble and haul it away for you. When we do hot tub removals, we make sure we have all the tools and equipment needed to remove your tub without leaving a mess behind us. If we need to saw it up into easily carryable pieces, we’ll come prepared and sweep up any dust we created.
- Junk Removal for area cleaning: If you currently have a lot of junk in the area your hot tub will go, you may want to save yourself the hassle of cleaning it and hire a team of professional junk removers. Our team would be happy to remove any yard debris to make room for your hot tub, or clear out any other areas where you may want your tub to go. We can haul off almost any kind of junk, so odds are we can take care of yours!